[yocto] Manually fetching files (and disabling the sanity-checker)

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Wed Jul 18 17:22:09 PDT 2012

On 07/18/2012 04:50 PM, Tim Bird wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've given up trying to work around Sony's firewall.  After repeated attempts
> I still can't get any 'git:'-based URLS to work through the firewall.
>
> I vaguely recall the last time I worked on this (about 5.0 timeframe) there
> was a mirror where tarballs could be downloaded, if the git fetch didn't work.
>
> Is this mirror still available?  If not, is there any way to disable
> the sanity-checker, and have bitbake tell me what repositories it's
> looking for, so I can manually construct a local mirror for yoctoproject
> to work off of?

To disable the sanity check you can set CONNECTIVITY_CHECK_URIS to ""
and that will cause it to be skipped.

Regarding the mirroring, have you tried to just set the PREMIRRORS to
use only http* and ftp in your local.conf:
PREMIRRORS = "\
ftp://.*/.*      http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/mirror/sources/ \n \
http://.*/.*     http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/mirror/sources/ \n \
https://.*/.*    http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/mirror/sources/ \n"

I am not sure, but this might force protocols. You could try a "bitbake
-c fetchall universe"

I am going have Michael H. get you the information about where the the
Downloads are.

Let me know how it goes.

Sau!