[yocto] edison/denzil patches (post-1.1.2 and 1.2.1)

Joshua Lock josh at linux.intel.com
Mon Jul 16 07:58:14 PDT 2012

On 12/07/12 10:43, McClintock Matthew-B29882 wrote:
> Josh, Scott:
>
> I've pushed a set of patches for edison/denzil branch - and I may push
> a few more still to:
>
> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/log/?h=mattsm/edison
> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/log/?h=mattsm/denzil
>
> These are all cherry-pick's and most applied cleanly and a few had
> some minor cleanups. Please consider these for after the point
> releases. I will continue to push to these branches and rebase these
> branches off the official upstream trees as well.

I don't know how much work will be done on Edison after the 1.1.2
release. I personally will no longer be working on it and I don't think
the team here as enough resources to maintain it perpetually.

I assume that these changes are predominantly to further improve PPC
support?

In general your branch has several types of changes that have generally
been considered inappropriate for a point release (such as recipe
upgrades, new functionality, etc).

Personally I'm not very keen on the idea of pushing them all and
advocating their inclusion. I'd strongly encourage adoption of this
release series if it's to continue to be relevant to your work.

Cheers,
Joshua
--
Joshua Lock