[yocto] Some questions about the webhob design

Xu, Dongxiao dongxiao.xu at intel.com
Tue Jul 3 05:10:57 PDT 2012

Hi Paul and Jim,

Today Jessica and PRC team had a discussion of the webhob tasks listed in the wiki page, and about the "Group" and "Project" concept, we still have some questions.

Say user A and user B are privileged users, who have the right to customize images, while user C is normal user (Say a TME) and only "building image" is allowed.

1) If user A customized an image with certain configurations, and he told user C that the environment is ready, and user C can build his demo image there. However, before user C starts to build, user B changed some configurations, making the final output not the expected version.

2) Another issue may be how to avoid global project changes happened together? For example user A and user B change the setting in the same time?

3) If user A changes the global project setting, what's the impact to the user B who already kicked off a build based on the original setting?

We are really appreciate if you can help to clarify these questions for us.

Thanks,
Dongxiao