[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, January 31, 2012 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).

Liu, Song song.liu at intel.com
Tue Jan 31 15:07:22 PST 2012

Attendees:
Beth, Saul, Matthew, Tom, Paul, Belen, Sean, Bruce, Richard, Michael, Jessica, Jeff, Scott, Denys, Darren,  Josh, Song

Agenda:

* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)

* Yocto 1.1.1 point release update - 10 min (Josh/Beth)
  - All changes have been pushed. Doc is done.
  - Richard has merged all changes to Edison. The intension is to have build for QA by the end of this week.

* Yocto 1.2 M3 status - 10 min (Song/Team)
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.2_Status
  - We have more features in progress, features in development are getting more progress also.
  - Still a lot of features have not been started, lots of features are still in testing. Both of these should get better since the PRC team is back.
  - Getting a little better on bug fixing, fixed a little more than what we opened last week. 2 high bugs, will see what Mark says about it.
  - Saul will follow up with Mark on the high bug 1928
  - 1898, patch is pending in Bruce kernel update.
  - Encourage the team to look at your packages, look at warning, specially package warning to reduce the number of warning messages.

* SWAT chair person rotation: Paul -> Jessica
  - MUD testing is going on. Beth is adding trigger for auto BSP build
  - Saul: There are some real issues, especially in BSP realm. Darren and Saul are looking at it 1940.
  - RP: has been looking at the issues. 2 predominant one, Bruce's patch, fetcher issue, RP has patches on the mailing list. Package config one, also the BSP one.

* Opens - 10 min
 - Beth: minor release process change, we used to release only tarballs for point releases, changing that to be as same as a major release. We do release tarball and BSP images. Will have the 1.1.1 directory in download area.
 - Matthew: There is some failure in 1.1.1. Josh is following up these issue,
 - Michael: Encourage people to help on Bugzilla upgrade. Sent out emails yesterday to the mailing list, we have a new bugzilla up and running now. If people could use it please test it out and report problems.
 - ScottR - 1.1.1 website status. 1.1.1 release is not ready, will have the related changes on the website when it is ready.
 - ScottR: would like to encourage people to get back to Scott in 24 hours for his emails clarifying some doc topics. Scott would like to encourage community people to run through the docs and give some feedback. Sean: suggest online review for docs. Scott: we can widen the scope of the review. RP: All docs are in public repos and can be pulled out for review. If people have contribution, please send patches.

* Team Sharing - 20 min

- Josh: last week finished doing 1.1.1, this week 1.1.1 will continue 1.1.1
- Darren: nothing to sharing this week.
- Denys: established a mirror of meta-ti on yoctoproject server, setting a distro to work with OE core and Yocto Project. Beth will talk with Denys about getting meta-ti in autobuilder. The mirror is automated, every time meta-ti is updated, it will be pushed to Yocto server automatically.
- Scott: last week wrapped up 1.1.1, moved on to bugs, worked on 4 or so bugs, continue this week on bugs. Creating some new bugs based on some feedback from Jim.
- Jeff: working on WRS stuff
- Jessica: plan for M3, prepare for ELC developer's day.
- Michael: Bugzilla last week. Setting up KVM infrastructure, getting access for SWAT team, helping on meta-ti repos. this week, visiting hosting site to upgrade autobuilder infrastructure.
- Richard: last merged some changes, sent out emails about the technical aspects. Working on reducing bug count, dealing with autobuilder.
- Bruce : M3 development, development for 3.2 kernel. Need to finish M3.
- Sean: nothing this week.
- Belen: last week preparing something on HOB2, designing the leftover part for HOB2. As they (PRC team) need things, they can let Belen know.
- Paul: last week working on SWAT team duty, not many failures. Preparation for ELC talk. Bitbake layers talk. Found a few areas we can improve and send some patches. This week will be preparation, and some bugs.
- Tom: last week working on kernel tools, remaining kernel features, publishing to local repo. Working with Bruce. Internal BSPs, will continue all that and prepare for ELC.
- Saul: tracking changes on the list consolidated pull request. Fixed some problems. Working on preps for ELC YDD. This week, package update, getting preps together for ELC.
- Beth: did a little of bit licensing, continued on autobuilder layer tooling, build history should be incorporated into autobuilder. Working on ELC presentations. Need autobuilder infrastructure upgrade (Michael will be working on it)