[yocto] New recipes not installing in core-image-minimal

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 02:30:02 PST 2012

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 03:52:58PM +0530, Joshua Immanuel wrote:
> Hello Martin,
>
> On Fri, 2012-01-27 at 09:08 +0100, Martin Jansa wrote:
> > > Perhaps, but it didn't fix this particular problem. Neither
> > > /usr/bin/ranpwd nor /etc/init.d/genmac appear in the rootfs.
> > > However, each still appears in their respective workdir/image:
> >
> > Are they in workdir/packages-split/genmac/etc/init.d/genmac
> > workdir/packages-split/ranpwd/etc/init.d/ranpwd
>
> I too have a similar issue when I try to include a manually constructed
> fstab file into the rootfs image. The file is available in the following
> locations
>      1. core2-poky-linux/${PN}-${PV}-${PR}/etc/fstab
>      2. core2-poky-linux/${PN}-${PV}-${PR}/packages-split/${PN}/etc/fstab
>
> but not in the final rootfs image. May be I am missing something
> trivial.

Maybe it depends on used package-manager bud I guess that at least
opkg will refuse to overwrite /etc/fstab provided by base-files by
/etc/fstab from your fancy PN and even if it allows it in do_rootfs,
then it's not good idea for image with online package management,
because your custom fstab will be overwritten as soon as base-files are
changed.

Why not .bbappend base-files and customize fstab there?