[yocto] How to get opkg in rootfilesystem

Brian Hutchinson b.hutchman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 08:36:31 PST 2012

Update,

I'm still not doing something right.  I did a clean rebuild of
core-image-base and a tar jtvf core-image-base-beagleboard.tar.bz2
reveals opkg stuff in /var/lib/opkg only.  No opkg bin.

I guess I'm still in shock over this.  I mean why should I have to do
anything other than:
PACKAGE_CLASSES ?= "package_ipk"

I mean, if I specify I want package_ipk in the "Package Management
configuration" section, doesn't logic follow that the image would be
created with opkg and some sample opkg.conf files?  What use is it to
generate all those .ipk's for the repository the build does without
opkg being there?

Regards,

Brian