[yocto] How to get opkg in rootfilesystem

Brian Hutchinson b.hutchman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 08:03:08 PST 2012

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 12:51 AM, Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com> wrote:
> add package-management to your image
> EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES_append_pn-<yourimage> = "
> package-management"

Hi Khem,

Just want to make sure I'm following you.  In my local.conf I have:
EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES_append_pn-core-image-base = "package-management"

Maybe my google-fu is lacking but I searched on EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES
package-management and could find no examples so I don't know how in
the would I would have ever found EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES_append_pn

Can you also enlighten me on how this gets used ... I couldn't find
where it was referenced from?

I'm not used to opkg being left out of a base image.  Seems counter
productive to me.

Thanks for your help ... I don't think I would have ever found that one!

Regards,

Brian