[yocto] overriding a class in custom layer

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue Jan 24 08:17:32 PST 2012

On Tuesday 24 January 2012 07:32:47 Christopher Larson wrote:
> Unfortunately, BBFILE_PRIORITY only affects the choice of what *recipes* to
> use between the different layers, not config files or classes. The latter
> are found via BBPATH, which is incrementally appended to by each
> layer.conf. This separation is unfortunate, as it means part of the layer
> priority is in the user's hands (or the script generating bblayers.conf, if
> using one), and part is in the layers' hands (layer.conf), but that's the
> way it is for now.

I'd also say, what is in the classes is intended to work for everyone, so if
there's something in the core classes that is not working well for your
situation we'd really like to hear about it - hopefully we can incorporate
whatever changes you need and you can avoid having to overlay the entire
class.

Cheers,
Paul

--