[yocto] overriding a class in custom layer

Christopher Larson kergoth at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 06:32:47 PST 2012

On Tuesday, January 24, 2012 at 7:24 AM, Joshua Immanuel wrote:
> Hello Christopher,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> On Tue, 2012-01-24 at 07:07 -0700, Christopher Larson wrote:
> > Ensure that your layer is before the other in BBLAYERS.
>

> As you mentioned reordering BBLAYERS to have my custom layer before
> 'meta' layer solved the issue. I was of the notion that setting
> BBFILE_PRIORITY higher for my layer would be sufficient.

Unfortunately, BBFILE_PRIORITY only affects the choice of what *recipes* to use between the different layers, not config files or classes. The latter are found via BBPATH, which is incrementally appended to by each layer.conf. This separation is unfortunate, as it means part of the layer priority is in the user's hands (or the script generating bblayers.conf, if using one), and part is in the layers' hands (layer.conf), but that's the way it is for now.

--
Christopher Larson