[yocto] yocto on Acer Aspire One NAV50

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Tue Jan 10 07:50:55 PST 2012

On 12-01-10 10:47 AM, James Abernathy wrote:
> I created a core-image-sato using the meta-n450 BSP hoping I could work
> with it on the Acer Aspire One 532h-2588. However, that netbook uses the
> Atheros AR5B95 wireless NIC and the Atheros AR8132 wired NIC, which are
> not recognized. Is there anything already in Yocto that could be turned
> on to support these devices, or am I left with porting the drives?
> Since Ubuntu 11.10 with it's kernel 3.0.0 supports these devices and
> runs on the netbook, I'm guessing it's a matter of configuring the
> kernel to include these modules.
> Does this sound right??

That should be all that is required. If the drivers you need are
indeed in 3.0 (I didn't go check explicitly), then you can create
a bbappend for the BSP in a layer, and add a configuration fragment
that enables the drivers you need (as modules or builtin, your
choice).

Examples of config fragments are in the BSP/kernel guides found on
the yocto project pages.

Cheers,

Bruce