[yocto] Does my build disk's filesystem make a difference?

Jeff Osier-Mixon jefro at jefro.net
Fri Jan 6 15:53:17 PST 2012

I am creating a Yocto Project build system. For various reasons, it is a
dual-boot system, win7 & linux (probably mint 12, haven't decided). I have
a primary boot disk with both operating systems and a large secondary disk
to use for build trees etc.

Does the filesystem on the big secondary disk matter? Ideally I would like
to be able to get to the large data disk from both operating systems. That
would necessitate NTFS, as win7 does not speak ext4 reliably, but I don't
want to slow my builds down.

--
Jeff Osier-Mixon http://jefro.net/blog
Yocto Project Community Manager @Intel http://yoctoproject.org