[yocto] Design Document of "Yocto 1656 Recipe creation/import script"

Joshua Lock josh at linux.intel.com
Fri Jan 6 11:18:59 PST 2012

Hi Kai,

On 06/01/12 01:51, Kang Kai wrote:
> This is the design document of "Yocto 1656 Recipe creation/import
> script". Please help to review it.
> Any suggestion is appreciate.

You should check out autospectacle[1] that I linked to in the bug
report. It does a lot of guessing using clever tricks like searching
Freshmeat, doap files, READMES etc to get a description[2] and analysing
configure.ac[3], qmake[4], etc. to determine dependencies.

The autospectacle perl script is reasonably well commented and quite
readable.

I'm not suggesting we adopt all of the features in it but many of them
are useful techniques for this effort.

Regards,
Joshua

1. https://meego.gitorious.org/meego-developer-tools/autospectacle/