[yocto] Integrating 3rd Party BSP Layers

Jack Mitchell ml at communistcode.co.uk
Thu Jan 5 03:44:02 PST 2012

Good morning everyone,

I am currently trying to figure out the best way to integrate the
meta-texasinstruments layer with the Yocto provided layers. According to
the meta-texasinstruments readme, it requires the meta-oe, meta-angstrom
and meta-oe-core. Now Yocto provides the stable meta-oe-core (correct?),
so I would clone the meta-oe and meta-angstrom, add them and the
meta-texasinstruments layer to my bblayers.conf then build away, yes?

However, what implications does adding these new layers bring when using
them in the Yocto environment?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated on the consequences and/or my
methodology!

The main aim of the game is trying to build an image for the beagleboard
using the meta-texasinstruments layer as to get the latest and greatest
support - with the possibility of using it later in the day when the
beaglebones start appearing but with the stability and additional
support that is acquired through the Yocto umbrella.

Kind Regards,
Jack.