[yocto] build error on meta-cedarview

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 12:37:57 PST 2012

On 01/03/2012 11:59 PM, Khem Raj wrote:
> On (03/01/12 12:26), Jim Abernathy wrote:

>>> There has been a bug filed against this issue, it seems that the
>>> tarballs have moved or are unavailable from that location for some
>>> reason.  You are getting a download page, and I believe that the
>>> failure should occur earlier with a checksum mismatch, but is not.
>>>
>>> You can fetch this file from our mirror at:
>>> http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/mirror/sources/icon-naming-utils-0.8.7.tar.gz
>>>

>> Saul,
>>
>> Sorry for the dumb question, but how do I download the file and fool
>> bitbake into not trying to download it from the invalid site?  Or do
>> I need to change a file somewhere to specific our mirror URL
>> instead??
> cd into DL_DIR
> wget the<tar>
> then touch<tar>.done
>
> You can add http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/mirror/sources/
> to MIRRORS
>
> something like
> MIRRORS =+ "http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/mirror/sources/"
> to the concerned recipe.
I went back and had a number of issues so I just deleted the current
~/poky/build directory and restarted the process including editing the
conf/local.conf, etc.  The only change I made to the recipes was to put
in the reference to the Yocto mirror for icon-naming-utils.  I got a
fair way down into the build(2358 of 4426) before I got a new error.
The step is related to initramfs-live-boot_1.0.bb do_package_write_rpm
the log is below:

NOTE: Creating RPM package for initramfs-live-boot-dbg
NOTE: Creating RPM package for initramfs-live-boot
NOTE: Creating RPM package for initramfs-live-boot
NOTE: Not creating empty RPM package for initramfs-live-boot-doc
NOTE: Creating EMPTY RPM Package for initramfs-live-boot-dev
NOTE: Not creating empty RPM package for initramfs-live-boot-staticdev
NOTE: Not creating empty RPM package for initramfs-live-boot-locale
Building target platforms: all-poky-linux
Processing files: initramfs-live-boot-1.0-r6.all
Finding  Provides:
/home/jim/poky/build/tmp/work/all-poky-linux/initramfs-live-boot-1.0-r6/initramfs-live-boot.provides
Finding  Requires:
/home/jim/poky/build/tmp/work/all-poky-linux/initramfs-live-boot-1.0-r6/initramfs-live-boot.requires
Requires: /bin/sh
Requires: /bin/sh
Processing files: initramfs-live-boot-dbg-1.0-r6.all
Finding  Provides:
/home/jim/poky/build/tmp/work/all-poky-linux/initramfs-live-boot-1.0-r6/initramfs-live-boot.provides
Finding  Requires:
/home/jim/poky/build/tmp/work/all-poky-linux/initramfs-live-boot-1.0-r6/initramfs-live-boot.requires
Processing files: initramfs-live-boot-dev-1.0-r6.all
Checking for unpackaged file(s):
/home/jim/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/lib/rpm/check-files
/home/jim/poky/build/tmp/work/all-poky-linux/initramfs-live-boot-1.0-r6/package
error: Unable to open temp file.

RPM build errors:
     Unable to open temp file.
ERROR: Function 'BUILDSPEC' failed (see
/home/jim/poky/build/tmp/work/all-poky-linux/initramfs-live-boot-1.0-r6/temp/log.do_package_write_rpm.27564
for further information)

Jim A