[yocto] trouble using a local kernel repo

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Thu Feb 16 14:14:40 PST 2012

On 12-02-16 05:06 PM, Hollis Blanchard wrote:
> On 02/16/2012 01:43 PM, McClintock Matthew-B29882 wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 9:33 PM, Hollis Blanchard
>> <hollis_blanchard at mentor.com> wrote:
>>> Yeah, I've looked through there, but where should stdout (i.e. those
>>> echo
>>> commands) be appearing?
>> I'd guess it's failing before that... you can add your own echo's.
>> Also, this should be in that log file:
>> tmp/work/${ARCH}/linux-yocto-vZ-rX/temp/log.do_validate.${PID}
>
> Ah ha, it *was* failing before that.
>
> 'git show-ref -s --heads yocto/standard/beagleboard' fails without an
> error message (prints nothing; $? is 1).
>
> On the other hand, 'git show-ref -s --head yocto/standard/beagleboard'
> seems to work (heads vs head). This is git 1.6.0.5.
>
> Of course, this was working fine with the remote git tree -- it's only
> when I switched to my local clone that I ran into problems. I guess that
> means I'm missing "refs/heads", whatever that means... did I somehow
> clone my git tree incorrectly? I did a git clone; git checkout -t
> origin/meta -b meta; git commit.

I just sent a reply with this. We crossed on the 'net. I have changes
to detect and report this, but yes, it would be the clone tripping us
up. I've never seen the heads vs head change, but all my machines are
1.7.x git installs. I'll go have a look at a 1.6 git and see if that
is in fact something to detect and handle.

But since it only happens on your local clone, it really shouldn't be
a git issue .. and is more likely just with the clone.

Bruce