[yocto] trouble using a local kernel repo

Hollis Blanchard hollis_blanchard at mentor.com
Thu Feb 16 14:06:30 PST 2012

On 02/16/2012 01:43 PM, McClintock Matthew-B29882 wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 9:33 PM, Hollis Blanchard
> <hollis_blanchard at mentor.com>  wrote:
>> Yeah, I've looked through there, but where should stdout (i.e. those echo
>> commands) be appearing?
> I'd guess it's failing before that... you can add your own echo's.
> Also, this should be in that log file:
> tmp/work/${ARCH}/linux-yocto-vZ-rX/temp/log.do_validate.${PID}

Ah ha, it *was* failing before that.

'git show-ref -s --heads yocto/standard/beagleboard' fails without an
error message (prints nothing; $? is 1).

On the other hand, 'git show-ref -s --head yocto/standard/beagleboard'
seems to work (heads vs head). This is git 1.6.0.5.

Of course, this was working fine with the remote git tree -- it's only
when I switched to my local clone that I ran into problems. I guess that
means I'm missing "refs/heads", whatever that means... did I somehow
clone my git tree incorrectly? I did a git clone; git checkout -t
origin/meta -b meta; git commit.

Hollis Blanchard
Mentor Graphics, Embedded Systems Division