[yocto] Upstream-Status finally @ 100%

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Thu Feb 9 04:30:34 PST 2012

On Thursday 09 February 2012 13:22:10 Koen Kooi wrote:
> I find the 'pending' confusing, is it 'pending submission' or 'pending
> approval'? I'm marking patches in meta-oe with 'Upstream-status: Unknown'
> as default instead of 'Pending' to make it a bit clearer. And patches
> marked 'inappropriate' won't go in, it's 'rejected', 'unknown' or 'needs
> work' in those cases. I'm not going to guess what upstream might think of
> it, since I can't speak for them.

I think the distinction between Pending and Unknown is important. The status
is not completely unknown - the person who set it made an assessment that the
patch should be appropriate for sending upstream, even if it would need
further cleanup beforehand. Maybe "Pending" isn't the best word, I'm not sure,
but "Unknown" is not right either.

> All patches in OE-core now have an Upstream-status, but how many have an
> *incorrect* Upstream-status?

The status ought to be correct with regard to the patch author's assessment of
whether or not the patch can go upstream. That's what matters - it's a tool
you can use in the separate exercise of going through the patches we do have
and trying to get them merged upstream.

Cheers,
Paul

--