[yocto] Upstream-Status finally @ 100%

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Wed Feb 8 15:18:43 PST 2012

On 02/08/2012 01:26 PM, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Feb 2012, Saul Wold wrote:
>
>> If the author of curl would like to review and/or implement
>> modification for OE that would be awesome, feel free to share the
>> patches with them.
>
> I am the maintainer of curl.
>
> The curl patches Björn mentioned are clearly not written in way intended
> to be "upstreamable" so they cannot be accepted by the curl project and
> nobody has tried to.

I am sure there are many patches like that in OE, they are written,
tested and then forgotten about, our goal here is to not let them get
forgotten.

> This said, at least one of the patches fixes a problem that still exists
> upstream but the yocto patch [*] is made in such a hard-coded way it'd
> have to be seriously edited to get accepted. The flaw has not even been
> discussed with or mentioned to the curl project AFAICR...
>
> So, room for improvements!
>
> [*] =
> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/recipes-support/curl/curl/noldlibpath.patch

Daniel,

I think Khem has already said that we are taking incremental steps here,
as I mentioned in my prior email, we have over 1200 patches lurking
around in OE currently, initially we have about 460 as marked as pending.

If you can fix those issues, since we can't address all of them
initially or be experts in all upstreams, we would be very grateful to
remove 1 or 2 more patches.

Thanks for your understanding.

Sau!