[yocto] Upstream-Status finally @ 100%

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 13:34:14 PST 2012

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 1:26 PM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel at haxx.se> wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Feb 2012, Saul Wold wrote:
>
>> If the author of curl would like to review and/or implement modification
>> for OE that would be awesome, feel free to share the patches with them.
>

> I am the maintainer of curl.
>
> The curl patches Björn mentioned are clearly not written in way intended to
> be "upstreamable" so they cannot be accepted by the curl project and nobody
> has tried to.
>
> This said, at least one of the patches fixes a problem that still exists
> upstream but the yocto patch [*] is made in such a hard-coded way it'd have
> to be seriously edited to get accepted. The flaw has not even been discussed
> with or mentioned to the curl project AFAICR...
>
> So, room for improvements!

We understand the lack of upstreaming hence the process of documenting
the patches with Upstream-Status
was put in place. So step by step we are getting there where we will
be able to interact with upstream projects
on the patches we carry. The first step it to account for them which
we did. Next step
would be to interact with respective upstream projects and propose the
patches or describe
the problems if they are to be fixed differently.

-Khem