[yocto] [pull-sys940x 2/4] ranpwd: Add ranpwd recipe

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 23:06:31 PST 2012

On Mon, Feb 06, 2012 at 03:59:36PM -0800, Joshua Lock wrote:
> On 06/02/12 08:17, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> > On Thursday 02 February 2012 13:11:19 Joshua Lock wrote:
> >> Apologies. I'm wrong here. It was PRIORITY which we agreed to drop.
> >
> > It's worth noting however, at the same time PRIORITY removal was discussed it
> > was acknowledged that SECTION was questionable. Logical grouping of
> > recipes/packages is a useful thing but coming up with groupings that are
> > meaningful in all contexts is hard :(
>
> Glad to know my recollection isn't wildly off the mark.
>
> I noticed that there are similar, yet different, SECTION values being
> used. If we opt to keep SECTION I wonder if we should try and
> standardise/sanitise it?

If there is standardised SECTION variable why not use
recipes-${SECTION}/foo_1.0.bb as we already have couple of recipe-*
directories and it's sometimes hard to decide to which directory
something belongs.

Or other way around, standartise recipes-* directories and let bitbake
decide SECTION from it (like it does for PV and PN).

Cheers,