[yocto] [pull-sys940x 2/4] ranpwd: Add ranpwd recipe

Joshua Lock josh at linux.intel.com
Mon Feb 6 15:59:36 PST 2012

On 06/02/12 08:17, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> On Thursday 02 February 2012 13:11:19 Joshua Lock wrote:
>> Apologies. I'm wrong here. It was PRIORITY which we agreed to drop.
>
> It's worth noting however, at the same time PRIORITY removal was discussed it
> was acknowledged that SECTION was questionable. Logical grouping of
> recipes/packages is a useful thing but coming up with groupings that are
> meaningful in all contexts is hard :(

Glad to know my recollection isn't wildly off the mark.

I noticed that there are similar, yet different, SECTION values being
used. If we opt to keep SECTION I wonder if we should try and
standardise/sanitise it?

Debian's sections seem like reasonable inspiration?
http://packages.debian.org/stable/

I think SECTION is useful for tools like Hob and Narcissus, so I'm in
favour of keeping them.

Cheers,
Joshua
--