[yocto] Trying to re-use sstate.

Scott Garman scott.a.garman at intel.com
Fri Feb 3 20:51:43 PST 2012

Hello,

I'm trying to re-use the sstate from one build directory and move it to
another. It's not working - bitbake is rebuilding *everything*.

My hunch is the reason for this is because bblayers.conf must differ
between the two build directories, because it uses full paths to the
layer directories.

By default, when you source oe-init-build-env for the first time, it
generates a bblayers.conf file with full paths to the default layers,
meta and meta-yocto.

I thought the point of sstate was that I could copy it between build
directories - or even different hosts - and save myself the effort of
rebuilding everything if the remaining metadata was the same?

Scott

--
Scott Garman
Embedded Linux Engineer - Yocto Project