[yocto] forcing a task to run while building an image

Joshua Immanuel josh at hipro.co.in
Wed Feb 1 03:42:42 PST 2012

Hello Sathishkumar,

On Wed, 2012-02-01 at 16:34 +0530, Sathishkumar Duraisamy wrote:
> I think, image are build from the packages that are build from the
> recipe. And there is no way for the bitbake to detect that source is
> changed like the makefile.

My use-case is such that I need to run a particular task irrespective
of the changes in that recipe. By adding the task to do_bootimg[depends]
I was able to accomplish that. (I am not sure whether it is the
preferred way of doing it)

However, the variables defined in the custom image recipe were not
getting exposed to the task added to the do_bootimg[depends]. Thats the
part that I've to figure out (need help).

Regards
Joshua
--
Joshua Immanuel