[yocto] forcing a task to run while building an image

Sathishkumar Duraisamy bewithsathish at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 03:04:53 PST 2012

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 12:40 PM, Joshua Immanuel <josh at hipro.co.in> wrote:
> Hello all,
>        How do I force a particular task to run every time while building an
> image?

You may have look at this
http://docs.openembedded.org/usermanual/usermanual.html#usage_workwithsinglerecipe.

I think, image are build from the packages that are build from the
recipe. And there is no way for the bitbake to detect that source is
changed like the makefile.

But there is always another way to do things we need. Here is my tip,
you can do to this.( need comments on this).

add a task in your recipe, like,

do_mytask() {
    #add commands to clean and do your stuff.
    #you can also pull from version control.
    #ordinary shell commands , need not to master anythings.

}

addtask do_mytask before do_build

add this to one of your recipe to build the image, now use bitbake -b
<your recipe> -c <do_mytask()>

--
Regards,
Sathishkumar D