[yocto] bitbake user manual vs mega manual, and more info on local file fetcher?

Bob Cochran yocto at mindchasers.com
Mon Dec 17 17:26:58 PST 2012

Hi,

I'm glad to hear that the bitbake manual is getting an update, and I'm
sure you guys know a lot of debugging tricks that I don't know.

Can you please include a section on debugging bitbake build errors
(beyond logs, -D, and -v)?  In other words, what's the best way to
instrument or hack bitbake when debugging errors in the build process?

I sometimes hack at the python to better understand what's going on, so
I'm interested to see what the experts do.

Thanks,

Bob