[yocto] might it be worth explaining BBMASK more comprehensively?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Wed Dec 12 11:37:29 PST 2012

On Wed, 12 Dec 2012, Rifenbark, Scott M wrote:

> Please feel free (anyone) to provide some useful examples and a bit
> of explanation for each and I will be happy to get them in the
> manual(s).

  i forgot to mention this snippet i ran across in the meta-angstrom
layer's contrib/local.conf:

BBFILES := "/OE/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/*/*.bb"
BBMASK = ""

that combination isn't something that appears to be explained anywhere
and some readers might wonder what it means to explicitly set BBFILES
and clear BBMASK.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca