[yocto] Disabling PREMIRRORS and upstream sources

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Dec 12 08:48:58 PST 2012

On Wednesday 12 December 2012 11:32:39 Jon Szymaniak wrote:
> Just to make sure I'm understanding this... so when I place PREMIRRORS = ""
> in a recipe, I see that it doesn't affect the associated variables in other
> recipes.
>
> Is this because I'm inherently setting up PREMIRRORS_${PN}, which is
> initialized with the PREMIRROR defaults (and what was appended and
> prepended in the local.conf)?

When you set a variable within a recipe it's setting it just within the
context of that recipe, so there's no way for it to affect other recipes.

> I'm also guessing that touching PREMIRRORS and MIRRORS within recipes
> is generally a bad practice. I'd be curious to hear if my use case
> sounds totally
> wacky, as I'm still very much getting up to speed on Yocto/OE and best
> practices.

I guess it's not unreasonable to want to avoid touching anything external when
building something internal; but you're right as a general practice this is
something we would not do in published recipes.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton