[yocto] Disabling PREMIRRORS and upstream sources

Jon Szymaniak jon.szymaniak at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 08:32:39 PST 2012

>>Hi Jon,
>>
>>Thanks for the clarification on which manual release you were looking
>>at.  I am the technical writer for the project so hopefully someone from
>>the team will address the technical aspect of you issue.  If there is a
>>way to disable these within a specific recipe then I can get that
>>information into the documentation.
>>
>>Does anyone know if this is possible and how to do it?
>>
>>Scott
>
> I guess the easiest thing would be just to set PREMIRRORS and MIRRORS to
> "" in the recipe.
>
> Cheers,
> Paul
>
> Scott

Scott and Paul,

Thank you both very much for your time and help!

I confirmed this does indeed work.

Just to make sure I'm understanding this... so when I place PREMIRRORS = ""
in a recipe, I see that it doesn't affect the associated variables in other
recipes.

Is this because I'm inherently setting up PREMIRRORS_${PN}, which is
initialized with the PREMIRROR defaults (and what was appended and
prepended in the local.conf)?

I'm also guessing that touching PREMIRRORS and MIRRORS within recipes
is generally a bad practice. I'd be curious to hear if my use case
sounds totally
wacky, as I'm still very much getting up to speed on Yocto/OE and best
practices.

Many thanks,
Jon