[yocto] Disabling PREMIRRORS and upstream sources

Jon Szymaniak jon.szymaniak at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 20:26:20 PST 2012

In the manual I see that there are indeed global options, configured via
local.conf.

However, I'm wondering if there's a way to denote that PREMIRRORS and MIRRORS
should not be used for a *specific recipe* (i.e., only attempt to fetch via
what's provided in SRC_URI, and still use the mirrors for other recipes).

Perhaps this is a wacky thing to want to do. I just figured there's no sense
in hitting all those 404's if I know the code associated with a specific
recipe isn't on any of the standard mirrors.

> Also, Jon, what documentation
> are you referring to here?  Are you looking at the latest Yocto Project
> documentation (e.g. http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.4/poky-ref-manual/poky-ref-manual.html
> for the Yocto Project Reference Manual?).

I think I may have actually been looking at an old manual version, but yes,
that'd the documentation I was referring to. It seemed that 12.23, "How does
the OpenEmbedded build system obtain source code..." seemed the most relevant
to my question.

Thanks!
Jon