[yocto] bbappending a bbappend

Chris Tapp opensource at keylevel.com
Sun Dec 9 02:48:17 PST 2012

On 9 Dec 2012, at 04:47, Bruce Ashfield wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 7:54 PM, Chris Tapp <opensource at keylevel.com> wrote:
> On 9 Dec 2012, at 00:11, Chris Larson wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 5:07 PM, Chris Tapp <opensource at keylevel.com> wrote:
>> Is it possible to have more than one bbappend applied to a recipe?
>>
>> I'm using meta-cedartrail with my own layer (which is set as lower priority).
>>
>> Meta-cedartrail has a linux-yocto_3.0.bbappend, but I want to be able to enable CONFIG_HID_APPLE in my layer so my Apple keyboard works (and keep meta-cedartrail 'clean'). Is it possible to use another linux-yocto_3.0.bbappend in my layer? I've given it a try, but it's not working and I thought it would be an idea to see if it __should__ before I try and fix it ;-)
>>
>> All bbappends from all layers are applied, in layer priority order.
>
> Thanks, I was hoping that was the case.
>
> I wonder why this isn't working then - I think I've done it as shown in the dev manual...
>
> Is it something other than the bbappends ? i.e. are you sure you have all the required
> dependencies for CONFIG_HID_APPLE already enabled, or in the same fragment
> you are appending ?

menuconfig shows that the dependencies are ok. I've got a single fragment referenced using a SRC_URI in the bbappend which sets FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend. The .cfg file just sets:

CONFIG_HID_APPLE=y

I can't find my .cfg file in the work area, so it seems as if it's not being picked up.

> Bruce
>

>> --
>> Christopher Larson
>
> Chris Tapp
>
> opensource at keylevel.com
> www.keylevel.com

> "Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer, for chaos and madness await thee at its end"

Chris Tapp

opensource at keylevel.com
www.keylevel.com