[yocto] mail list for Xilinx Zynq platform?

Andreas Schweigstill andreas at schweigstill.de
Thu Dec 6 04:57:41 PST 2012

Hello!

Am Mi, 12/05/2012 19:17, hat Philip Balister <philip at balister.org> geschrieben:
> On 12/05/2012 05:21 AM, Andreas Schweigstill wrote:
> > meta-zynq/recipes-kernel-linux-zynq contains the following lines:
> > LINUX_VERSION ?= "3.5"
> > LINUX_VERSION_EXTENSION ?= "-xilinx"
> >
> > How can I force Yocto to build kernel 3.5-xilinx?
>
> Urg, I'll have to take a look at that.

After changing the order of BBLAYERS in build/conf/local.conf to meta, meta-zynq,
meta-yocto, meta-yocto-bsp and using Hob to select MACHINE=zynq-zc702,
base image=zc702-proto-image everything works fine. Now I get a proper toolchain
for Cortex A9 and a kernel named zynq-zc702 3.5.0-14.3-build1-yocto-standard
which is properly running on my ZC702 board.

> Also, you'll need an updated fsbl in the BOOT.BIN file to work with the
> later kernels. We should probably post one somewhere, although I wish
> the fsbl license was a little less restrictive.

I haven't built a BOOT.BIN file with Yocto based U-Boot yet. Instead I'm using
U-Boot from Petalinux 12.9 which is configured to use the QSPI Flash to store its
environment.

Currently I boot from QSPI Flash, load kernel und DTB files via TFTP and use a
root filesystem stored on a SD card. ;-)

Regards,
Andreas Schweigstill

​--
Dipl.-Phys. Andreas Schweigstill
Schweigstill IT | Embedded Systems
Schauenburgerstraße 116, D-24118 Kiel, Germany
Phone: (+49) 431 530354-35, Fax: (+49) 431 530354-36
Mobile: (+49) 171 6921973, Web: http://www.schweigstill.de/