[yocto] configuring WiFi in Yocto

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Fri Aug 31 12:22:21 PDT 2012

Hi Jim,

On 31 August 2012 19:05, Jim Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Not sure I know how to force linux-firmware-* to be installed??

Personally I use DISTRO_EXTRA_RDEPENDS += in my local.conf for local
changes like that.

> Also I replaced the WiFi card with an Intel Wireless-N 135, and I got a FW
> error using it as well.  In this case it called out:

That was probably a good move, I've not had good experience with
realtek hardware.

> lwlagn 0000:02:00.0: request for firmware file 'iwlwifi-105-5-ucode' failed
>
> So if could just be I don't know how to force the firmware files to get
> included or the file does not exist in Yocto.

That's packaged in linux-firmware (in oe-core master at least, it
appears the Denzil needs upgrading here), so adding
DISTRO_EXTRA_RDEPENDS += "linux-firmware" will add it to all of your
future images.

Ross