[yocto] configuring WiFi in Yocto

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 11:05:49 PDT 2012

On 08/30/2012 07:41 AM, Burton, Ross wrote:
> On 29 August 2012 13:52, James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com> wrote:
>> rtl8192ce:rtl92c_init_sw_vars():<0-0> Failed to request firmware!
> You're missing firmware still.  Ensure that you've installed every
> linux-firmware-* package first, and if that doesn't work dig around
> the logs and hopefully you'll find the file it's after.
>
> Ross
Not sure I know how to force linux-firmware-* to be installed??

Also I replaced the WiFi card with an Intel Wireless-N 135, and I got a
FW error using it as well.  In this case it called out:

lwlagn 0000:02:00.0: request for firmware file 'iwlwifi-105-5-ucode' failed

So if could just be I don't know how to force the firmware files to get
included or the file does not exist in Yocto.