[yocto] [ADT] Autotools: configure using --with-libtool-sysroot

Rudolf Streif rudolf.streif at linux.com
Thu Aug 23 14:56:30 PDT 2012

Thanks, Richard.

> Which libtoolize script/binary is being used (try "which libtoolize")?

The one from the cross-toolchain:
$ which libtoolize
/opt/poky/1.2.1/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/libtoolize

 > It probably works fine since your sample app isn't actually linking to
> anything. That could be the other reason actually, perhaps there you
> don't use libtool in your sample app?

Yes, GNU Hello World does not use libtool.

> It sounds like it is updating configure but not with the version of
> libtool that the ADT comes with. You did source the ADT environment
> script before running the above commands (assuming it does use libtool)?

I did source the environment before running the commands. And they seem to
do their work and return without any messages.

Are you saying that if the application does not use libtool then configure
will also throw that warning message?

Thanks,
Rudi