[yocto] Classes

Seth Bollinger seth.boll at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 19:13:34 PDT 2012

Hello,

Will anyone recommend some classes regarding yocto and open embedded?  It
would be nice to get up to speed quickly and into the nitty gritty instead
of an overview.

Something covering the following items would be nice:

1.  How should projects be laid out?  Distro, image, task, BSP, what things
should go where?
2.  How should subprojects inherit from superprojects?  If you need to
create many subplatforms from a base platform, what's the best way to go
about this?
3.  How should classes such as distutils be created to be inherited by
other recipes (ruby modules that require a C extension to be compiled would
be one example).
4.  How should hardware specific software be handled?

I fear that (as a newb) I will design a layout that will be sub-optimal,
but we'll discover that after we have 25 platforms that will need major
refactoring.  :)

Thanks,

Seth