[yocto] Question about dependency graphs of building busybox

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Tue Aug 14 10:00:04 PDT 2012

Hi,

On 13 August 2012 10:42, ☆星空☆ <treebody at embedstudy.com> wrote:
>     Recently I am learning to see how the poky build busybox.Because there
> exists too many recipes and files related,I want to find out the detail
> process or dependency graphs of building busybox.And now I use "bitbake -g
> -u depexp busybox"  to see the process,but it failed when I execute the
> command. Following is the message console output :
>
> ** (bitbake:2454): WARNING **: Command line `dbus-launch
> --autolaunch=686c0ec16da125f1568f5d990000000a --binary-syntax
> --close-stderr' exited with non-zero exit
>   status 1: Autolaunch error: X11 initialization failed.\n
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I'm surprised that dbus-launch is being invoked, my only guess is that
a GTK+ module is using DBus and that is attempting to initialise.

However, if X11 initialisation is failing then you won't have much
luck with depexp - it's a X11 application.  If you're running on a
server without X11 then you can't use depexp.  By using "bitbake -g
busybox" you'll get the dependency graph in .dot format, which you can
browse on another machine using something like XDot
(http://code.google.com/p/jrfonseca/wiki/XDot).

Ross