[yocto] [denzil-next BREAKAGE] Silent breakage in denzil-next --- uImage*.dts no longer generated

Leon Woestenberg sidebranch.openembedded at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 07:50:54 PDT 2012

Hello Scott, all,

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 4:31 PM, Leon Woestenberg <
sidebranch.openembedded at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Scott,
>
> I tested your denzil-next branch but found breakage that will not fail the
> (auto) build.
>
> I'm hitting the "Warning: ${DTS_FILE} is not available!" case.
>
> Disregard the breakage.  Local user error; my KERNEL_DEVICETREE missed the
"${S}" prefix.

However, that being said, should we silently fail with a warning of the
specified device tree (DTS) is missing?  This is clearly a change of
behaviour that makes the build prone to user errors, as I just demonstrated.

I rather have the build fail.

Regards,

Leon.