[yocto] Library objects and headers are not installed in sysroots directory

Alex Robenko alex at redfish.com.au
Sat Apr 14 02:08:14 PDT 2012

Hi all,
I'm trying to use "poky-edison-6.0.1" to build an image for freescale mx28evk based platform using "core-image-minimal" as a basis with several additional libraries such as "boost" and "openssl" (IMAGE_INSTALL += "openssl boost"). The image itself and the root file system with shared libraries are built correctly. However it seems that "do_populate_sysroot" is not executed for these libraries when the command "bitbake <image>" is used. As a result "build/tmp/sysroots/mx28evk" doesn't contain headers and static/shared objects of the libraries.
When I try to build the libraries directly using "bitbake boost" or "bitbake openssl" everything works as expected (headers, static and shared objects are installed in the directory mentioned above).
Does anyone have any idea why it happens? Do I forget to put something essential in the image recipe? Is there any way to make the headers and objects of the libraries to be installed in "sysroots" when the whole image is built?

Thanks,
Alex