[yocto] Eclipse Plugin 1.1-M4

Jack Mitchell ml at communistcode.co.uk
Fri Sep 23 07:13:02 PDT 2011

On 23/09/2011 15:02, Jack Mitchell wrote:
> I am trying to get the latest plugin working with Eclipse Indigo and
> have followed the instructions listed here:
>
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.embedded.yocto.general/2596
>
> The instructions all work fine until I point Eclipse to a local git
> clone of the EclipsePlugin directory. When I try to install the plugin
> I recieve this error message:
>
> Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could
> not be found.
>   Software being installed: Yocto Plugin for Eclipse 1.1.0.qualifier
> (org.yocto.sdk.feature.group 1.1.0.qualifier)
>   Missing requirement: Yocto Plugin for Eclipse 1.1.0.qualifier
> (org.yocto.sdk.feature.group 1.1.0.qualifier) requires
> 'org.yocto.sdk.source.feature.group 0.0.0' but it could not be found
>
> Could anyone shed any light on the situation?
>
> Regards,
> Jack.

Ok, I managed to get it installed by adding the 1.0 repository so that
it could find the'group' it was looking for. When installed I then tried
to alter the preferences and promtly recieved this message:

Unable to create the selected preference page.
org.yocto.sdk.ide.preferences.YoctoSDKPreferencePage

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/Ieibg.png

If I try to create a project using the yocto plugin it throws a
nullPointer error - am I missing something here or are there still
issues to be ironed out on the new 1.1 git?

Cheers,
Jack.