[yocto] Yocto 1.1 Beta Questions

Jason Kridner jkridner at beagleboard.org
Sat Sep 3 13:48:28 PDT 2011

On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 2:43 PM, Brian Duffy <brduffy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Yocto group. I am new to Yocto. I followed the starters guide and When
> running bitbake I get some errors. first it complains that pseudo is not
> available but required, and then it complains that bbpath is not set. What
> is pseudo?

Google should have helped you with this question:
http://www.yoctoproject.org/projects/pseudo.

I believe the primary purpose is to be able to create files with root
ownership without root access.  This is critical for building your
file system.

> I have sudo installed and setup to work for me, but I don't know
> what pseudo is. Also, bitbake was not installed on my fresh install of
> Fedora 15 so I installed it through the package manager.

I doubt you want to do that, but I don't see anything in the
instructions provided to tell you where to get it either.

> I guess that was
> not included in the packages from the getting started guide. Where do I set
> the bbpath?

Did you edit conf/local.conf?