[yocto] Slow-startup.

Adrian Alonso aalonso00 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 19:21:31 PDT 2011

Hi Noel,

Are you also integrating Freescale xorg driver and related libs?
Also Freescale has a large set of patchs for the kernel that are not
in mainstream, you can take a look at
L2.6.35_11.09.01_ER_source_boundle.tar.gz
located at [1] and [2] which is an experimental meta layer than I'm working
on for adding
Freescale Arm support but still has some problems thanks to the way
Fsl distributes it's
source code and need to manually copy some source packages in Pokys
download dir;

[1]
http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=LEIMX&fpsp=1&tab=Design_Tools_Tab
[2] https://www.gitorious.org/yocto/meta-freescale

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 11:10 AM, Vellemans, Noel <
Noel.Vellemans at visionbms.com> wrote:

> **
>
> Hi all,
>
> I'm test-driving the yocto-edison version, Target-armv7 (testing on
> imx-53x cpu).
>
> But,  I’m having a strange problem.
>
> It takes very long to start the device, every time [not only the first
> time], at each reboot cycle it takes up to 3 minutes before I get the
> desktop.
>
> At the current time I got to the point (by using printf into the code on
> 1001 places)  that it is the _mb_font_load() in matchbox-lib that makes the
> startup extremely slow. (system seems to ‘hang’ for more the 3 minutes
> before the matchbox-desktop pops up.)
>
> Any information available on this?
> Any hints where to look at ?
>
> Kind regards