[yocto] Slow-startup.

Vellemans, Noel Noel.Vellemans at visionBMS.com
Thu Oct 27 09:10:45 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I'm test-driving the yocto-edison version, Target-armv7 (testing on
imx-53x cpu).

But,  I'm having a strange problem.

It takes very long to start the device, every time [not only the first
time], at each reboot cycle it takes up to 3 minutes before I get the
desktop.

At the current time I got to the point (by using printf into the code on
1001 places)  that it is the _mb_font_load() in matchbox-lib that makes
the startup extremely slow. (system seems to 'hang' for more the 3
minutes before the matchbox-desktop pops up.)

Any information available on this?
Any hints where to look at ?

Kind regards
Noel