[yocto] Eclipse Plugin: ADT Version too old

Jack Mitchell ml at communistcode.co.uk
Mon Oct 24 08:41:55 PDT 2011

On 24/10/2011 16:33, Joshua Lock wrote:

> On 24/10/11 02:12, Jack Mitchell wrote:
>> On 24/10/2011 10:03, Jack Mitchell wrote:
>>> I am trying to use the new eclipse plugin, which I have had working
>>> fine for the past couple of weeks until I switched from the master
>>> branch to edison.
>>>
>>> I performed a fresh build using the stable edison branch, installed
>>> the new 1.1 eclipse plugin and now whenever I try to setup the Yocto
>>> eclipse environment I receive the following error:
>>>
>>> Yocto Preferences Configuration Error!
>>> OECORE related items are not found in envrionement setup files.
>>> The ADT version you're using is too old.
>>> Please upgrade to our latest ADT Version!
>>>
>>> This pops up in a message box, not the eclipse console. I have
>>> followed the ADT Setup guide to the letter and it's not playing ball -
>>> could someone confirm this as working or point me towards a reason why
>>> I may be getting this error?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Jack.

>> This is a pastebin of my current environment setup file:
>>
>> http://pastebin.com/4vnWPAD2
>>
> I'm not ADT expert but I expect the problem is this line:
>
> export OECORE_DISTRO_VERSION="1.1+snapshot-20111021"
>
> By switching to the edison branch you'll now have a DISTRO_VERSION of
> "1.1", without the snapshot and date - hence version mismatch.
>
> I'm not sure if you need to change the plugin or just build a new
> meta-ide-support, though.
>
> Cheers,
> Joshua

Ah, that makes sense Joshua. However, this is a fresh build directory
created after I had checked out the edison tag, so due to me checking
out a git 'tag' I have the snapshot tag version listed instead of the
1.1 clean download version?

So all the things I built were built while on an edision checkout which
means I shouldn't have old git versions lingering about.

Cheers,
Jack.