[yocto] Eclipse Plugin: ADT Version too old

Joshua Lock josh at linux.intel.com
Mon Oct 24 08:33:52 PDT 2011

On 24/10/11 02:12, Jack Mitchell wrote:
> On 24/10/2011 10:03, Jack Mitchell wrote:
>> I am trying to use the new eclipse plugin, which I have had working
>> fine for the past couple of weeks until I switched from the master
>> branch to edison.
>>
>> I performed a fresh build using the stable edison branch, installed
>> the new 1.1 eclipse plugin and now whenever I try to setup the Yocto
>> eclipse environment I receive the following error:
>>
>> Yocto Preferences Configuration Error!
>> OECORE related items are not found in envrionement setup files.
>> The ADT version you're using is too old.
>> Please upgrade to our latest ADT Version!
>>
>> This pops up in a message box, not the eclipse console. I have
>> followed the ADT Setup guide to the letter and it's not playing ball -
>> could someone confirm this as working or point me towards a reason why
>> I may be getting this error?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Jack.

> This is a pastebin of my current environment setup file:
>
> http://pastebin.com/4vnWPAD2

I'm not ADT expert but I expect the problem is this line:

export OECORE_DISTRO_VERSION="1.1+snapshot-20111021"

By switching to the edison branch you'll now have a DISTRO_VERSION of
"1.1", without the snapshot and date - hence version mismatch.

I'm not sure if you need to change the plugin or just build a new
meta-ide-support, though.

Cheers,
Joshua
--