[yocto] Help diagnosing a build failure involving ncurses, gettext, and eglibc

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Wed Nov 2 22:21:47 PDT 2011

On 11/02/2011 10:16 PM, McClintock Matthew-B29882 wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 12:12 AM, Darren Hart <dvhart at linux.intel.com> wrote:
>> I came up with the following to ensure I have a log of every bitbake
>> command I run along with some useful stats. Feel free to use it or flame it:
>>

>> #!/bin/bash
>> TIMESTAMP=$(date -u "+%Y%m%d%H%M%S")
>> LOG=$(mktemp --suffix=".log" bb-$TIMESTAMP-XXX)
>> if [ -z "$LOG" ]; then
>>        echo "ERROR: failed to create log file"
>>        exit 1
>> fi
>>
>> (
>>        echo "Start: $TIMESTAMP"
>>        echo "========================================"
>>        /usr/bin/time 2>&1 -v bitbake $@
>>        echo "========================================"
>>        echo "End: $(date -u '+%Y%m%d%H%M%S')"
>> ) | tee $LOG
>>
>> echo "Logfile: $LOG"
>
> It would be nice if we had this as a selectable option in the bitbake
> wrapper somehow and it saved off logs to tmp/bitbake/logs/ or
> something appropriate.

I was having similar thoughts just after having pressed send :)

Given how annoying it is to not have the log when you forget to capture
it, I think this might actually make a reasonable default. The important
bits are of course already recorded in
tmp/blah/blah/blah/temp/log.blah.PID... but the above serves almost like
an index into the individual files. I'm all for logging it by default -
as well as collecting summary stats. I don't know if the above is the
best way to go about it - but a functional equivalent would be nice.

For all I know something like this already exists and I just haven't
stumbled upon it yet.

--
Darren Hart
Intel Open Source Technology Center