[yocto] Diagrams

Rifenbark, Scott M scott.m.rifenbark at intel.com
Fri May 13 14:59:44 PDT 2011

One thing that happens when you keep all figures in a folder that is
hierarchically level with 'documentation' is that the figures become
separated from the 'documentation' leg so to speak. It use to be that good file organization practice for manuals was to keep all parts of a manual together.  But, as single-sourcing becomes more popular along with 'chunking' of information, that practice isn't as rigid.

If we kept all diagrams in a single 'diagram' folder I would like to see it at least under the 'documentation' folder.  Then we could organize the 'diagram' folder into source files and rendered (PNG or SVG) files.  Using a single diagram directory will also cause the Makefiles to be re-worked for pushing files to the web-site.  Additionally, the directory structure in the Drupal site for yoctoproject.org would need to be re-structured to look for PNG files in the new location.

I see benefits and problems in all methods...