[yocto] Diagrams

Rifenbark, Scott M scott.m.rifenbark at intel.com
Fri May 13 14:07:29 PDT 2011

Currently I have been consistently using a 'figures' directory within each manual directory to house any PNG files used in a given manual.  However, the Yocto-docs repository has a 'diagrams' folder at the same level as 'documentation'.  I think we should continue to keep figures with their respective books and not in some higher-level folder at the same level of documentation.

This brings up some questions.  Let's say you have a figure that is somewhat universal and is used often by the community, such as this 'oearch.png' figure.  But, the figure is also part of a manual.  Do we keep the figure in the manual's 'figures' folder exclusively?  Or, duplicate the figure and keep it in the higher-level 'diagrams' folder as well?

It goes against good practice to duplicate things so I would lean toward keeping the figures with the documents.  And, if we have figures that are not used in any documentation we could keep them in the higher-level 'diagrams' folder.

Thoughts?

Scott Rifenbark
Intel Corporation
Yocto Project Documentation