[yocto] OpenEmbedded eV membership drive

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Tue May 3 12:44:17 PDT 2011

As most of you know, there is an OpenEmbedded eV to provide an umbrella
organization for handling various aspects of managing the project. There
is a description here: http://wiki.openembedded.net/index.php/Organization.

One of the things we would like to do is vote in new members to the eV
(for the .us guys, think 501c3). If you are interested in becoming a
member, read the Organization web page and send me an email indicating
your desire to become a member. Please include a short paragraph
explaining who you are and how you are involved with OpenEmbedded.

After one week, I'll submit the list of names as a voting proposal to
the current eV members. Or statutes provide for a one week discussion
period, followed by a one week voting period for new member votes.

People ask me why they should join the eV. Besides being a good way to
show your support for the OpenEmbedded project, the Technical Steering
Committee is elected by the eV members.

To remain an eV member, you must attend the annual General Assembly
regularly. (if you miss two consecutive meetings you become an
extraordinary member with no voting rights). However, submitting a proxy
counts as attending the General Assembly. The current plan is to
schedule the GA at ELCE this fall.

If you have any questions, please contact me.

Philip