[yocto] Getting pseudo from yocto/poky toolchain working with my build

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Wed Jun 29 10:40:54 PDT 2011

On 6/29/11 2:17 AM, O'donoghue, Bryan wrote:
> Saul, Richard.
>
> Thanks for the suggestions re: building the whole thing from scratch.
>
> In a previous life using openembedded our solutions for slow builds were an array of ASSUME_PROVIDEDs. I'll try the build the world approach instead !
>
> Saul I'll send you along the logfiles off-list, one thing is that the build process looks for
>
> ASSUME_PROVIDED += "sqlite3-native"
> /home/deckard/Development/yocto/poky-5.0.1-build/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/include/sqlite3.h
> Instead of /usr/include/sqlite3.h !

I don't have time to implement/try this right now.. but one suggestion would be
to change the meta/recipes-devtools/pseudo/pseudo.inc so that the configure
calls pass the location of sqlite conditionally.  Currently it's using:

--with-sqlite=${STAGING_DIR_TARGET}${exec_prefix}

Simply checking for the existance of
${STAGING_DIR_TARGET}${include_prefix}/sqlite3.h and only passing --with-sqlite=
should be enough.  (it will fall back to the host otherwise.. and if the host
version is not sufficient it will error.)

--Mark