[yocto] Getting pseudo from yocto/poky toolchain working with my build

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Jun 29 06:40:18 PDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-06-29 at 08:17 +0100, O'donoghue, Bryan wrote:
> Saul, Richard.
>
> Thanks for the suggestions re: building the whole thing from scratch.
>
> In a previous life using openembedded our solutions for slow builds
> were an array of ASSUME_PROVIDEDs. I'll try the build the world
> approach instead !

There is now sstate which is intended to try and assist this problem by
providing a cache of prebuilt entities that get reused if they're
compatible. Try giving that a try and I'm suspect you'll become a
convert! If you do run into problems let us know as its still one of the
newer features and we're interested in user feedback.

Cheers,

Richard